EDITORIAL: Check this!
Today is the day of reckoning for the nine presidential candidates. There've been a few votes (we don't want to say how many, but it's impressive) coming in, but there's still a lot of students who have not taken the opportunity to cast their ballots.
So, the question is, what are you waiting for? There's no more campaigning, there are no more forums, there's no more election kitsch! What more motivation do you need?
Well, allow us to present you with a few more reasons to get out and vote today in the University Students' Council's presidential elections.
10. Sayeth chief returning officer James Deans, "Free shit!"
9. Current studies state you can burn an average of 2.5 calories voting. Which can only help burn off those beer bellies for Slack Week's swimsuit season.
8. Once again to relive your high school days gently caressing and inhaling the heady smells of a HB #2 graphite pencil while filling out the ballot.
7. 'Cause Lisa needs new braces.
6. Sayeth deputy returning officer Tim Morris, "Keep the damn [marching] band out of CentreSpot [by voting]."
5. Polling clerks are great (and unable to move) conversationalists for those students who don't have any friends and need someone to talk to. After all, Valentine's Day is coming up and we all need someone to chat with.
4. How can you not vote in an election run by a man by the name of James Deans?
3. You will be able to impress your friends by saying, "I voted in the presidential election, the divisional election and the dental plan"... Well, maybe impress is really too strong a word.
2. You have an exam coming up and by voting you'll be able to procrastinate for at least two or three minutes more.
1. Seriously, because USC elections, contrary to popular opinions, are important and every student has the right to vote don't waste it.