Volume 90, Issue 69
Tuesday, January 28, 1997
|Questions & Answers:
1. How much is the fee for the USC's proposed undergraduate student Dental Plan? (1) $125
2. Who is the program director for CHRW? (1) Tom Everett
3. Who is the celebrity researcher at Western's 3M centre? (1) Roberta Bondar
4. Name two of the four recommendations made by Western to the Smith panel. (2) Government should recognize the role of universities in Ontario, stabilize and benchmark the government grant, universities should set tuition fees, strengthen student aid, formula adjustment and support for full-cost recovery programs
5. Name the provincial and federal lobby groups the USC is a member of. (2) Who are their directors? (2) Ontario Undergraduate Student Alliance - Rick Martin, Canadian Alliance of Student Associations - Matthew Hough
6. Which two Western varsity teams are expected to take overseas trips this year? (2) Where are they expected to go? (2) Rugby team - Ireland, Football team - Japan
7. How much did each undergraduate student pay in student activity fees for the UCC phase three expansion this year? (1) $15.70
8. Name the Minister of Education. (1) John Snobelen
9. How many years has The Gazette been publishing? (1) 90
10. How many full-time USC employees are there? (1) 45
11. What was the score of this year's Homecoming football game?(1) 47-0
12. Name five USC operations. (5) Here are just some: CHRW, Infosource, Copy Centre, Exam Bank, Spoke, The Wave
13. Name any two shows regularly featured on TV Western. (2) Varsity TV, Centrespot, Diversions, Fashion TV Protocol, University Hill, Weather Western, The Moving Picture, Jetlagged, The Truth and The Youth, The Dave Show
14. How many points are in Operation Face-Lift? (1) 70
15. What NBC sitcom did the 'Western Mustangs' appear on this year? (1) Third Rock From The Sun
16. How much will tuition be for Western's MBA program four years from now? (1) $18,000
17. What was the name of the golf course Western's campus was built on. (1) What year was Western founded? (1) The Hunt Club, 1878
18. Name two London MPs and two London MPPs. (4) MPPs Dianne Cunningham, Marion Boyd, Bob Wood, MPs Sue Barnes, Joe Fontana, Pat O'Brien
19. How many undergraduate students are represented on Western's Senate? (1) On the Board of Governors? (1) Senate 12, BOG 2
20. How many changes were made to the UWO Act this year? (1) None
21. What is your favourite TV game show? (1) Any show as long as its a game!
Name: Saj Butt
Year and program: Fourth Year - politics
Positions held on campus councils, committees and/or clubs: Residence Don at Medway Hall, Residence Advisor at Saugeen-Maitland Hall, President of WICSA (Western Indo-Canadian Students Association), Staff, Chair of Medway Hall Charity Committee.
Political affiliation: Not Yet...
Affiliation with a fraternity or sorority: None
2. I can't remember his name, but he seems to be a real nice guy whenever I have talked to him.
3. I don't know but I think I saw Micheal Jordan
4. Stop governments cuts to Education funding, restructure or establish an efficient loan program for students
5. OUSA - Ontario Undergraduate Students Association and CASA Canadian Alliance of Student Associations
6. Rugby Team - Ireland, The Football Team - No answer
9. 25 Years
10. I honestly don't know but I do know that they work very hard.
11. 55-12- It was a blow-out and it was damn COLD.
12. Artifax, the new Imprint, Exam Bank, the bus stop, The Wave & Spoke
13. Morning Lockdown and Upside Downside (It's not TV Western but CHRW is close enough - We're all in it together.
14. 120 Great and effective tools of progress!!!!!
15. Third Rock from the Sun
17. 18 something or another , all I know is I was not around!!!
18. I, like Dave Tompkins before me, refuse to answer this question on the grounds that it might incriminate me somehow!
19. 12 & 2
20. The Act as not opened by Senate but a joint committee recommended that there will be an Increase in student representation at the senate level
21. The Dave Show
In 50 words or less, state why you have chosen to run for USC president.
I feel that student politics has overlooked the needs of the average student.
I will not, because I AM ONE !!!
To Contact The Centrespread Department: email@example.com
Copyright © The Gazette 1997