Viewmaster: Biz Excellence
1922: Western began teaching business administration, known as commercial economics.
1923: First B.A. in Honours Commerce was granted.
1938: The first business alumni directory was published.
1950: The school of business administration was established in the lower level of University College and the first Masters of Business Administration degree was granted.
1957: The official opening of the Richard Ivey School of Business Administration Building on campus.
1969: A new addition is added to the school doubling the size of the building. The Richard Ivey Foundation and Richard and Jean Ivey Fund provide a grant for computer equipment and MBA and Ph.D Fellowships.
1970: The 'Plan for Excellence' is started to raise $1.5 million for research and MBA and Ph.D Fellowship Programs.
1975: The first Western Business School Club is organized in Toronto. The Plan for Excellence, Phase II, established to raise $2.1 million for research and MBA and Ph.D Fellowships.
1978: A grant was received from the Richard Ivey Foundation to establish the Richard G. Ivey Computing Centre.
1979: A new Ivey Computing Centre opened 'Plan for Excellence,' Phase III, announced to begin in 1980 to raise $3 million over the 1980-1984 period.
1984: Hewlett-Packard Canada Ltd. made a significant donation of personal computers.
1985: IBM Canada Ltd. donated a mainframe, terminals, PCs, software and peripheral hardware for student use and faculty.
1990: The HBA International Case Tournament is established.
1991: The Executive MBA Program is offered.
1993: The J.J. Wettlaufer Executive Development Centre in Mississauga is purchased with Renaissance Campaign donations, including a significant contribution from the Richard Ivey Foundation and Ivey Family.
1995: The Western Business School is renamed the Richard Ivey School of Business in recognition of a $13.5 million donation by the Ivey Family.
1997: The Richard Ivey School of Business celebrates its 75th anniversary with a network of over 12,000 alumni in over 80 countries.
Source: Western Business School, Leading to Lead, 1993.