Volume 91, Issue 86
Thursday, March 12, 1998
3,770 strong and growing
Feel the Thunder
Re: Beached, Feb.18
To the Editor:
This letter is in response to your editorial about the "Top Ten Things to do on your Slack Week." The No.1 thing to do is the reason why I am writing this letter to you.
In the editorial, the No.1 thing to do on your slack week was "...go to Thunder Bay you would be able to say that you were the only one that went." Coincidentally, I was that ONE! I went to Thunderbay to visit my friend that goes to school at Lakehead University. Surprisingly to many, The Gazette most importantly, I had a blast and it was the same weather as here! I would suggest to all of those students who have no idea what to do for slack week next year and are a little short on money, to spend their week in good old Thunder Bay!
Here are the top 10 reasons to go to Thunder Bay on your slack week:
10. Beautiful scenery.
9. You will not get a sunburn.
8. Who would not want to go visit the home town of Paul Schaffer?
7. You CAN drink the water.
6. It costs under $3 for drinks!
5. You do not have to convert your money to a foreign currency.
4. You are able to speak the language.
3. You feel intellectual when having a conversation with a Lakehead student.
2. You drink so much, that you do not even realize where you are anyways... (refer to #6)
1. It beats staying in London!
To Contact The Opinions Department: email@example.com
Copyright © The Gazette 1998