Volume 92, Issue 66
Tuesday, January 26, 1999
Questions and answers
1. How did Western's position change from last year to this year in the Maclean's annual ranking of universities?
2. At which university did the students vote this year not to join a provincial lobby group? What was the name of that lobby group?
3. What is the name of the property that Western President Paul Davenport lives on?
4. What is the name of the new residence being constructed on University Drive?
5. Where is the office of Greg Moran? Who is he?
6. Name two libraries other than D.B. Weldon at Western or any of the affiliated colleges.
7. What is the maximum fine for eating in a library on campus?
8. Who took over the Association of Continuing Education Studies office?
9. Who are the current student representatives on Western's Board of Governors?
10. Which two USC officer positions were recently being considered for a pay increase?
11. Name the last Western sports team to win a national championship.
12. What is the name of the new advisory committee to the provincial government on student aid?
13. Who is Rick McGhie?
14. Name one of the people the University Canadian Club of Western Ontario falsely claimed was going to speak at Western.
15. How much money goes to The Gazette per student from student fees?
16. Where is the hidden camera on campus that is connected to the internet?
17. Name the Western alumnus who was recently featured in Hustler magazine.
18. After what hour do buses start stopping in front of the University Community Centre?
19. List the number of banks which currently have bank machines on Western's campus.
20. Who is the USC currently involved in a lawsuit against?
21. How much did Shinerama raise this year?
22. What is the name of the Huron College newspaper?
23. Where is Paul Davenport going for his sabbatical?
24. What is your favorite spy flick and why?
1. From ninth to fifth position (1)
2. Queen's; Ontario Undergraduate Student Alliance (2)
3. Gibbons Lodge (1)
4. Elgin Hall (1)
5. Stevenson-Lawson Building; VP-academic and provost (3)
6. Business Library, Music Library, Allyn and Betty Taylor Library, Education Library, Silcox Memorial Library at Huron College, Cardinal Cater Library at King's College, Bishop Michael Francis Fallon Memorial Library at Brescia College, Serge A. Sauer Library (Map) (2)
7. $2,000 (1)
8. Women's Issues Network (1)
9. Michael Rubinoff and Joel Adams (2)
10. Legal affairs officer and communications officer (2)
11. Men's soccer team (1)
12. Ontario Advisory Committee on Student Financial Assistance (1)
13. Folk performer at The Spoke (1)
14. Jean Chretien or Peter Jennings (1)
15. $8.51 (1)
16. Social Sciences Building (1)
17. Sheila Copps (1)
18. 6:00 p.m. (1)
19. Three (1)
20. Canadian Federation of Students-Services or Canadian Federation of Students (1)
21. $101,000 gross or $80,000 net (1)
22. The Grapevine (1)
23. Paris, France (1)
24. It's a freebee (1)
() denotes points per question
- No points were given for acronyms or partial answers
- Correct answers are denoted in bold
- Answers were not corrected for spelling or grammar
Copyright © The Gazette 1999