ARTS & ENTERTAINMENT
The exam food cram
Yes, it’s that time of year again: Christmas exams. For most of us,
this involves late nights, lots of uncontrollable cursing, endless “lets-bitch-about-our-meaningless-degree” sessions
and of course, a whole lot of extra eating. Now, we could sit here and tell
you all about how it would be good to trade in the high-fat, high-caffeine
exam diet for a nice platter of carrot and celery sticks, but lets face it:
that ain’t gonna happen. So, without further ado, here are our top five
(unhealthy) suggestions for the best foods to keep you going during the exam
5) Candy/chips: You gotta have those snack foods ready when you get into study
mode. A trip to Becker’s is always a fun distraction.
4) Alcohol: No, it’s probably not a good idea to go to your exam smashed
out of your mind, but a little nip from the flask is a nice way to calm the
3) Anything ordered in: Who wants to cook when there’s so much studying
to do? Take a break and order a nice, hot pizza. It’s only a phone call
2) Chocolate: Sure, it’s full of fat and sugar, but during exam periods
that should be the last thing on your mind. Chocolate is a good source of quick
energy and it’ll keep you on your toes.
1) Coffee: Gotta love the “drug that’s not really a drug.” Pop
a few caffeine pills into each cup and the effect will be almost magical.
— Megan O’Toole