Lysergic Acid Diethylamide (LSD), or better known simply as "acid," is a potent mood-altering drug. It is derived from a fungus that grows on rye and other grains.
"Acid is a dirty drug," explained a former user. "There is a good reason acid is only $5 a hit it is often mixed with household cleaners, so you really don't know what you are getting."
How do you use it?
LSD is mainly taken orally. Pure LSD is a crystalline powder that is odourless with a slightly bitter taste. Acid is "dropped" orally, usually inserted under the tongue. It can also be absorbed into skin, so it must be carefully handled.
What are the effects on the body?
Acid users experience a rise in their body temperature, heart rate and blood pressure, as well as sweating, loss of appetite, sleeplessness, dry mouth and tremors. Users may also suffer from the unpredictable replay of certain aspects of an acid trip.
How does it feel?
The effects of LSD take up to four hours to set in and are highly unpredictable. Visual hallucinations are especially potent, and users often experience a crossing over of sensations in which they begin to hear colours and see sounds.