How to build a bong
world of illicit drugs," Jan. 16
To the Editor:
I was impressed, yet disappointed with your article about "substances." You educated those at Western about how to make a joint, yet there was no mention of how to make a homemade bong. Here are the 10 steps and the 3 supplies needed:
1) 541 ml plastic "Coke" bottle
2) empty "BIC" pen shaft
3) Metal cable piece (found at a local Future Shop, back of TV cable cord)
1) Go out and get all the supplies.
2) Rinse out bong or else the first few tokes will taste kinda "Cokey."
3) Peel off all labels around base of bottle.
4) Using a lighter, begin to melt a small hole about 10 centimetres from
the bottom of bottle (1/2 cm in diameter), at a 75-degree angle.
5) As the hole begins to appear, jab the empty pen shaft through the hole
until it almost hits the bottom of the bottle (there should still be about
2+ cm worth of pen sticking out of hole (make sure it is air-tight).
6) About 8 cm from the top of the bottle, burn another hole on the opposite
side of the pipe hole, which will be used as a "choke."
7) Fill the device with water till just under the pipe hole.
8) Fill up metal cable piece with "substance" and put in end
of empty pen shaft.
9) Cover-up choke hole and light "substance" in the cable piece
and begin "RIPPING ONE BACK" by sucking where you'd normally
10) When lungs feel near capacity, remove thumb from choke hole and breathe
in remaining smoke to clear chamber.
This little prize costs about $3 if you make a new bong every time. Don't just rinse it out.