Set summer goals to avoid crime sprees
By Dallas Curow
Now that the summer sun graces the manicured greens of Western and the majority
of the student population has retreated away from any reminder of academia,
Campus Life is now closer to Campus Lack Thereof.
With that in mind, those of you who are toughing it out in London can take
this opportunity to reap the benefits of the open space. The combination of
abundant free time and restlessness can lead to:
A) crime sprees, or B) more productive, positive action. Summer lends itself
Even with a 9-5 job or an intersession course, there is still ample time to
reflect on what you are doing and what you would like to do... eventually.
So don’t let the summer get you down. Here are some goal setting areas
1. Academic Goals: Make the Dean’s List, don’t get kicked out
of your program and/or custom-make a schedule that contains no exams or term
papers (it is possible).
2. Extracurricular Goals: Plan to hit up clubs week or join an intramural
sports team in the fall. Even better, start your own club. For those interested,
a llama appreciation society is still MIA.
3. Fun/Adventure Goals: Pull on the khakis and Tilley hat and trek out to
African Lion Safari, Storybook Gardens or for the truly daring, Fanshawe College.
4. Relationship Goals: Keep in touch with your friends from school, call your
grandma, make your significant other a hand-crafted card, just ‘cause!
5. Personal Hygiene Goals: Shower, finally get that thing on your back checked
out, try a new summer fragrance, kick your tanning salon habit.
6. Miscellaneous goals: Beat your dad’s beer drinking record set at
your Aunt Sarah’s wedding or learn new languages so you can order food
without tripping over the pronunciation.